The College of International Education of Shandong University is a comprehensive international education institution boasting celebrated professors, experts and scholars. It delivers the best possible education for international students learning the Chinese language and culture. Aiming at enhancing mutual understanding between China and the world, we sincerely welcome international students who have great interest in Chinese language and culture to further their study here.
Courses Setting ：
For the Chinese language training program, a Chinese proficiency test is arranged at the beginning of the term. According to the test results, students will be divided into seven levels, which belong to the primary, the intermediate and the advanced grade respectively. Teaching will be conducted in small classes of 20 or less. The courses consist of major courses and elective courses. The major courses will be 20-22 hours each week. The levels of classed and the courses setting are shown in the following charts:
Chinese Courses Setting for Long-term Language Training Students
Culture experience Courses Setting
Application Requirements ：
Foreigners who are over 18 years of age, graduated from high school and above, well-behaved, in good health and willing to abide by relevant Chinese laws, regulations and school rules.
Language Requirements ：
No Chinese language requirements.
Application Procedures and Materials（in any of the following three forms）:
1. Submit the application materials online. Click on the website http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn/，and submit your personal information as required.
2. Submit the electronic application materials to email@example.com.
1)The application form should be in Word format; photos and scanned copy are not acceptable;
2)The certificate of highest academic degree or the proof of university study should be the scanned copy of the original documents. The language must be Chinese or English;
3)The scanned copy of passport. The passport must be an ordinary passport within the validity period;
4)Curriculum Vitae in Word format;
5)Students who apply for study more than six months are required to submit a valid Physical Examination Record within six months；scanned copy is acceptable;
3. Submit the application materials in person or by post.
Fall Semester：March 1 to the end of June
Spring Semester: October 15 to early January of the following year
Admission procedures ：
1. Shandong University will select and recruit students according to their merits after receiving the application materials. The qualified students will get the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (applicable to those who apply for a visa valid for more than six months). If not admitted, the applicant will be informed via email.
2. The qualified students should apply for X-Visa (Study Visa) in Chinese embassies, taking with the ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form and other necessary materials in visa processing. As to details of visa application, please refer to the Admission Guide enclosed with the Admission Notice.
3. The qualified students should take Admission Notice and other materials to College of International Education of Shandong University for registration within the required time.
School Term (subject to school calendars of the specific year)：
Fall Semester： Usually from early September to January of the following year
Spring Semester: Usually from February to early July
Tuition and Fees (Chinese yuan)：
Application fee ：400/person
Tuition ：18000/year 9000/semester
Medical Insurance ：800/year 400/semester
According to regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, international students studying in China must purchase medical insurance prescribed by China's colleges and universities. The insurance can be purchased in the registration office on the day of registering. Without the medical insurance, neither registration nor the residence permit will be granted.
Accommodation and Catering：
Shandong University provides international students with apartments of different standards. For relevant information about ways for application and fees, please refer to the Newcomers’ Guide. The school will provide campus cards (recharged by yourself), which can be used in the dining halls and the supermarkets on campus.
Attn：Miss Li, Mr. Ren
Add：College of International Education of Shandong University
No.27 South Shandong University Road
Jinan, Shandong Province